Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Valerie Mozee
English 4 Daraja
11/19/2013


Beloved Post #1

As I've been reading through this book in my opinion it's alot to take in and grasp. Sethe the mother had four chidren Denver, baby Suggs, Howard, and Buglar. Baby Suggs was killed by her mother because she didn't want her to be sold and become a slave eventually baby Suggs came back from the dead in adult form and began to haunt her family the youngest daughter Denver took a liking to her and helped her how to walk feed her bathe her and looked after her. This is the kind of book that you have to keep reading more than once to really understand it. They all lived in a gray and white house in Cincinnati in the 1800's I felt like Sethe the mother did what she had to do in order to keep her baby from being sold but, I also ask myself was that really showing protection from a mother towards her daughter? In a way back then that was the way I think former slaves did things to keep their children from becoming slaves themselves. Sethe's husband paul D. also experienced the sprit of baby Suggs it was almost like baby Suggs wanted to let her family know that she wasn't ready to go yet that her sprit would always be alive no matter what. Denver was mad at first for baby Suggs dying she bacame depressed and lonely until she found out her spirit had came back if I was in that situation I would be scared to death and not know what to do but stay away from my family. Sethe's two boys Howard and Buglar had run away from home they couldn't stand the fact that baby Suggs was dead and they couldn't stand living in the little house. As I keep reading this book it gets more and more intense and powerful making it intriging for me to have more to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment